New World, New Clinic
Traditionally we have treated clients in a group setting using recliners, hence the “community.” With the current state of the corona virus creating the need to maintain distance between individuals to prevent spread, we are modifying our approach so that we can continue to provide accessible acupuncture.
Initially we will be using our private rooms and conducting 45 minute treatments. This unfortunately has caused us to increase our rates. Instead of a sliding scale of $20-$40, we now are charging $30-$50. It is still a pick what you want to pay option.
We hope to expand back to our community room in time so that we can bring our sliding scale back down and provide more acupuncture. But we are going to do that in time as we gather more information on how the spread of the virus is proceeding in general and how environments like ours specifically need to operate.
That being said, our approach still emphasizes community rather than individuality.
General Acupuncture Treatment Tips
- Please only enter the building at your appointment time as we are not using our waiting room
- Wear a mask while in the building—we have cloth ones available if you did not bring one.
- Turn those cell phones off while in the clinic.
- Anticipate being here for 45-60 minutes.
- Avoid wearing scented products as many people come into our space through the day.
- Don’t come starving.
- Wear clothing that can let the acupuncturists get to your elbows and knees
- Be considerate of the space. It is for everyone who enters, not just one person.
Our Sliding Scale Philosophy
The purpose of the sliding scale $30 – $50 per visit (and a $10 new patient paperwork fee) is to make sure you are receiving affordable care enough to get good results. We do not ask for proof of income. Because of the sliding scale, we cannot do insurance billing but if you have insurance, we will be happy to give you a payment receipt that you can submit.
Please bring a friend and spread the word of health and community. By supporting this clinic, you are participating in making the benefits of acupuncture accessible to more people.